Hello Twiners! Twinerites? Twinerians? I’ll keep working on it. In the meantime, this is Ashley Bores from Heartmade Stationery and I am so thrilled to be featured as a guest designer for The Twinery.
Before we get started, some fun facts about me:
1. I almost never follow the advice: look before you leap. Not because I’m one of those awesomely brave, carefree types. Instead, I’m the girl who turns into a maniac with sparks coming out of my ears the second I get an idea in my head – and the sparking doesn’t stop until I make it something real. So far, this kind of hyperactive impulsiveness has worked out well for me. If I had sat down and did all the careful considering you’re supposed to do, I might have never opened my business, Heartmade Stationery.
And how sad that would be.
2. If a person were to use 1000 words to describe my husband and I and our 3 kids (ages 10, 5, and 8 months), “mature” would not make the list. We walk around in our underwear, work song lyrics into conversation on a daily basis, publicly tease each other, and dance in the kitchen like those air dudes outside the car dealership. We do goofy really, really well.
3. I am repulsed by cotton balls. And that’s all I can say about it.
4. I’ve come a long way. Ten years ago, the only form of crafting I knew was in the form of those dirt cheap cross stitch kits from Wal-Mart. And I was terrible at it. But now I am consistently armpit deep in no fewer than 4 projects at a time. There is so much out there in the creative world to learn and try and I can’t wait to see where I’m at in 10 more years!
5. I collect lip gloss like a hoarder.
6. This is my very *first* time as a guest designer and I could not be happier to start with The Twinery.
What an incredible opportunity!
Now let’s get started!
With the days before Christmas quickly falling off the calendar, I wanted to feature some pretty, fresh holiday party décor in some of my favorite Twinery colors: Pink Sorbet, Caribbean, and Honeydew. These projects feature a variety of materials and craft methods including some glittering, heat embossing, and chalkboard vinyl – the perfect ingredients for an amazing party!
I present to you, fellow Twineashdians, my version of
A Very Twinery Christmas.
Upside down goblets and flutes make perfect risers to give your mantle or table height! Try placing ornaments, pinecones, garland or battery-operated candles for an extra special look.
These snowflake place cards also double as
ornament favors for guests!
The wreath and the treat bags feature chalkboard vinyl and chalk markers, which clean up beautifully so you can change your message
as often as you like!